We offer a best-in-class Lentiviral vector platform with experience that is second-to-none. Our team specializes in helping our partners reach clinical studies and prepare to commercialize their Lentiviral vector-based medicines.
Why Vector BioMed?
- First Lentiviral vector ever used in human clinical trials
- First Lentiviral vector approved by the FDA
- Broad knowledge on vector design and optimization
- Outstanding manufacturing track-record for pre-clinical and GMP Lentiviral vector
- Vector design algorithm to optimize Lentiviral vector titer and transgene function
- Optimized Lentiviral vector backbone constructs
- Platform manufacturing process that produces high-titer Lentiviral vectors
- Vector is manufactured at a scale ideal for clinical development but scalable for future commercialization
- Fast turn-around-times for pre-clinical and GMP Lentiviral vector production
- Highly experienced team that supports our partners at every step of the process
- Services to support clinical development and commercialization
- Premium Client Services and Project management
Our team has extensive experience in the development, clinical translation and commercialization of Lentiviral vector technology.
Team members led the first-ever Lentiviral vector clinical trial in humans¹ and individually have over 20 years of experience in developing, manufacturing and clinically evaluating Lentiviral vectors. Team members designed and manufactured the Lentiviral vector that eventually became the critical component of Kymriah® the first FDA-approved gene therapy, a CAR-T cell therapy, for the treatment of Leukemia².
Over the last 20 years, our team members have produced thousands of pre-clinical and hundreds of GMP Lentiviral vector batches. With that comes significant experience and knowledge of vector design, manufacturing, and testing. We leverage that experience to help our partners realize their Lentiviral vector-based medicines.
Seeing the need for high-quality Lentiviral vectors for rapid clinical translation, we have built a company that accelerates our partners path to the clinic, and ultimately commercialization. We do this by providing a platform solution for Lentiviral vector design, research grade, pre-clinical grade and GMP-grade Lentiviral vector manufacturing, testing and supporting services.
We are determined to provide our partners with the best possible service so they can achieve their goals and make their Lentiviral vector-based medicines a clinical reality.
1. Manilla P, Rebello T, Afable C, Lu X, Slepushkin V, Humeau LM, Schonely K, Ni Y, Binder GK, Levine BL, MacGregor RR, June CH, Dropulic B. Regulatory considerations for novel gene therapy products: a review of the process leading to the first clinical lentiviral vector. Hum Gene Ther. 2005 Jan;16(1):17-25. doi: 10.1089/hum.2005.16.17. Erratum in: Hum Gene Ther. 2005 Feb;16(2):279. Erratum in: Hum Gene Ther. 2006 Feb;17(2):252. PMID: 15703485.
2. Porter DL, Levine BL, Kalos M, Bagg A, June CH. Chimeric antigen receptor-modified T cells in chronic lymphoid leukemia. N Engl J Med. 2011 Aug 25;365(8):725-33. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1103849. Epub 2011 Aug 10. Erratum in: N Engl J Med. 2016 Mar 10;374(10):998. PMID: 21830940; PMCID: PMC3387277.
How We Give Back
Vector BioMed is a for-profit public benefit corporation that provides manufacturing solutions and support services to our partners seeking to develop Lentiviral vector based medicines. In addition, we have a social mission to ensure that these transformative medicines can reach as many people as possible around the world that need them.
In collaboration with Caring Cross, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, we devote 10% of our manufacturing capacity for development of medicines for underserved populations like those in Low- and Middle-Income Countries (LMICs). For more information on Caring Cross, please visit https://caringcross.org.