Great opportunity to be part of a dedicated team serving the rapidly expanding cell and gene therapy (CGT) market. Vector Biomed is a supplier of high-quality Lentiviral vectors for research and clinical use. Team members will support both pre-clinical production and GMP manufacturing in a fast-paced environment.
Experienced working in small-scale, high-throughput biologics production. Works as part of a Team responsible for the frontline manufacture of Vector BioMed’s lentiviral vectors (LVV) and plasmids for research, pre-clinical, and clinical products in GMP-compliant settings. Work collaboratively and contribute by providing input into activities such as training, procedure writing, troubleshooting, equipment cleaning, batch/lab record execution and finalization, investigations, CAPAs, and change controls. Cares about quality of the overall process to ensure on-time execution while continuously improving.
- Execute upstream technologies related to LVV manufacturing from bench to pilot scale bioreactors.
- Execute downstream purification technologies related to LVV purification using chromatography and filtration processes including depth filtration, tangential flow filtration, and sterile filtration.
- Support process transfer and creation of manufacturing batch records.
- Participate in production of pre-clinical and GMP vector batches.
- Follow written procedures – SOP’s, batch records and adhere to good documentation practices.
- Work closely with Materials team to ensure ordering and inventory of raw materials.
- Adhere to quality standards for job training and ensure GMP compliance.
- Proactively implement improvements to business and manufacturing processes that improve flexibility, eliminate waste, and reduce variability.
- Liaise with equipment vendors to evaluate new technologies for improvements to the production process.
- Be assigned as a team member on cross-functional teams and be given project assignments to develop problem solving, technical expertise, and leadership capability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering or relevant field with at least 1 year biotech/cell and gene therapy experience with emphasis on upstream and downstream viral vector manufacture in Biotech/Pharma cGMP.
- Experience with using production equipment such as: centrifuges, single use bioreactors, depth filters, chromatography skids, incubators, tube welders and other common laboratory/cleanroom equipment.
- Excellent aseptic technique
- Comfortable working in both general laboratory and cleanroom / gowned setting.
- Experience with single-use systems and materials is beneficial.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, production and/or purification desired.
- Employee will cross-train to perform both upstream and downstream operations (all-stream approach).
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Ability to move 50 lbs. required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance.
- Must be able to perform repetitive motion activities during working hours.
- Must be able to stand during working hours.
What we Offer
- A competitive salary and potential for annual bonus
- A bright, highly-motivated team working to address one of the most pressing challenges in modern biologics manufacturing
- The ability to make a real, long-term impact on the operations
- Opportunities for learning and growth
- Company-paid holidays and paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision care
- 401K plan and Short-Term Disability benefits available
- On-site gym
If you are a highly motivated manufacturing associate who is passionate about the biotech industry, we encourage you to apply on our LinkedIn posting below: